The former Nottingham Hospital for Women on Peel Street was opened on 5th November 1929, by H.R.H. Princess Helena Victoria. Georgian in character, it was designed by Messrs. Bromley, Cartwright and Waumsley of Nottingham.
The Nottingham Hospital for Women was an amalgamation of two hospitals, the first being a hospital that began life on Castle Gate , Nottingham in 1893 and the Samaritan Hospital for Women on Raleigh Street, Nottingham.
When the hospital was opened it came with two twelve-
In February 1939 a new wing, costing £30,000, of which John Dane Player donated £25,000 was opened, which provided an extra thirty-
St. Mary’s Nursing Home closed in 1972 as did Adbolton Hall eight years later in 1980. The hospital on Peel Street finally closed in 1981 when all its services were transferred to Nottingham’s Queen’s Medical Centre on Derby Road.